• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Feeder problem! (1 Viewer)

wildlifelove

Hopefully Birding...
So...

I did have 2 cheap plastic seed feeders, but 1 broke. So replaced it with a new stainless fairly expensive feeder. About month ego. And really the birds haven't toached it. They just keep going for the plastic one.

Is it just a case of waiting? Or do the birds just hate the feeder?

They should have taken to the other feeder by now I would think especially if it has been cold.

If the same seed has been in there all this time, might be a good idea to remove it and put something in it like sunflower hearts?

Still the birds haven't toached it...So now decided I would put out a cheap plastic one for about £1.50 and see of they use this. The other seed feeder is plastic and there always on this, thought I would upgrade to a lovely stainless one and no haven't toached it. Back to cheap ones. ( I'm leaving it out still to see ) that's 8 feeders now, plus 2 trays and water bowl...it's addictive!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back