• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anybody using the D600? (1 Viewer)

Hmm, my D300s buffers 20 frames @ 7fps 12-bit RAW. Total sequence time of 2.85sec

The D600 buffers 27 frames @5.5fps 12-bit RAW. Total sequence time of 4.9sec

I think only the D3s/D4 have larger RAW buffer capacity.

So I guess the feature perspective depends on what the shot calls for, fps horsepower or an extended sequence.

Attached is FX viewfinder AF array comparison. Even the D4/D800 array is not that much bigger in this context.

Attachments

• Nikon-D600-vs-D800-Viewfinder.jpg
    Nikon-D600-vs-D800-Viewfinder.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 73
I can highly recommend D600 to all birders. I have recently upgraded from D700 and the extra reach D600 gives me is just amazing. Also the weak AA filter is very handy. With the right lens it is perfect tool to take picture of birds.

Look at the amount of details it can pull out of a bird...

Attachments

• ptak (2).jpg
    ptak (2).jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 107
  • ptak-detail.jpg
    ptak-detail.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Nice Robin, MPE.
Double the pixel count is indeed a boon when needing to crop.
In general the D600 has excellent image quality.

Another good thing about D600 is that it preserves details even if you crank the ISO up. I was not used to get so detailed pictures with my D700 and no DX camera can get me that high.

Let's see ISO6400

Attachments

• iso (1).jpg
    iso (1).jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 70
  • iso.jpg
    iso.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 75
I have the d600 and I am in the process of arranging a couple outings this spring around shanghai to test it out with 300mm f4, 1.4 tc and tripod.

I also have a d300 and previously used that with a 500mm f4 AFS II. Dont have the lens anymore because I was moving to China and I also wanted a more portable approach.

So far I have only used the d600 for street photography. In my experience, it is a much more capable animal than the d300. Low light photography is excellent. I cannot wait to get the d600 and 300mm under the shadows of foliage to see what it gives me.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back