• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help please Nikon V1 (1 Viewer)

dedger

Hi everyone,
I have recently aquired a Nikon V1 in order to have a go at digiscoping, however when I first set it up at home for a test run everything worked perfectly but on my next attempt the camera will not take a picture when I try, I think it is something to do with the focus because when I remove the camera from the scope it works perfect again.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

its to do with the focus modes...some won't fire until the subject is in focus, when using on spotting scope change to the green camera setting on camera , then A priority , then focus mode AF-C, you will find that on the back of the camera (AF) this will let you take a picture if its in focus or not.....mark.

Thanks Mark,

Just changed the settings as you recommended and everything working fine again now, can,t wait to give it a wirl over the marshes tomorrow.

Derek.

its to do with the focus modes...some won't fire until the subject is in focus, when using on spotting scope change to the green camera setting on camera , then A priority , then focus mode AF-C, you will find that on the back of the camera (AF) this will let you take a picture if its in focus or not.....mark.

Mark

just looked at your web site and Flickr - very good and enjoyable

A quick question - what lens(es) are you using with your V1

I have been mildly disappointed with the camera/lens, particularly when cropped - I've used it with the Nikon 300mm f4, the Nikon 70 200mm f2.8VR and the Nikon 70 300mm 4.5/5.6 VR which I found to be a little better than than the first two - but still not that keen!!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back