• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Christmas (1 Viewer)

Troubador

Staff member
Supporter
Very best wishes to everyone who visits Bird Forum. Have a happy Christmas and a healthy new year! o:D

Lee

Very best wishes to everyone who visits Bird Forum. Have a happy Christmas and a healthy new year! o:D

Lee

Thank you Lee and the same to you and Troubadoris!o:)

If Santa comes late this year I hope he brings me a new Leica 7x35 Trinovid!:king:

Bob

Merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year!!! B :)

CG

P.S. I'm hoping for a new binocular under the tree this year... hoping it will be the one that makes me want to get rid of two or more of my others!!! :smoke:

And the very same to you Lee (and to Troubadoris). I've enjoyed reading your posts over the last year, and seeing your pics in the Gallery. Best wishes, stay safe and well.

Merry Christmas Lee and everyone else on Bird Forum. Have gear so asked for books for Christmas including Bill Coks bino book. Lee very much looking forward to coming reviews and posts in 2018 from you. So good birding to all even you silly Swaro types (hey I had to pull someones chain).
Steve

I've enjoyed reading and learning so much from everyone on the forum this past year, so thanks to all who participate in this bird and bino corner of the net. Happy holidays to all.

Bill

I've enjoyed reading and learning so much from everyone on the forum this past year, so thanks to all who participate in this bird and bino corner of the net. Happy holidays to all.

Bill

The combined knowledge of a few of the posters on here is truly impressive ........... and then there's the rest of us.

What are you getting me for Christmas? A new Leica Trinovid 7x35 would be nice. It would certainly aid British American relations.;)

Hi Dennis

If only you had mentioned this a couple of weeks ago when we still had a few coins left in the Piggy Bank! Unfortunately I went and blew the last funds on a Microsoft Surface Pro4 with a docking station!

Next time you are in the UK I will buy you a coffee at our local coffee and tea-merchant's cafe. It will make you weak at the knees and put Anglo-American relations on the right footing.

Lee

Merry Christmas Lee and everyone else on Bird Forum. Have gear so asked for books for Christmas including Bill Coks bino book. Lee very much looking forward to coming reviews and posts in 2018 from you. So good birding to all even you silly Swaro types (hey I had to pull someones chain).
Steve

Thank you kindly Steve, but we are all silly on BF. Have a great 2018.

Lee

Hi Dennis

If only you had mentioned this a couple of weeks ago when we still had a few coins left in the Piggy Bank! Unfortunately I went and blew the last funds on a Microsoft Surface Pro4 with a docking station!

Next time you are in the UK I will buy you a coffee at our local coffee and tea-merchant's cafe. It will make you weak at the knees and put Anglo-American relations on the right footing.

Lee
I think a dark english ale would be more refreshing.

Well, I don't need my arm twisting to agree with you. Adnams bitter from our south-eastern county of Suffolk is probably my favourite although Marston's Pedigree is right up there too, as is Theakston's Bitter. In fact for a winter drink Theakston's Old Peculier is fantastic while in the summer a chilled Newcastle Brown is just the ticket.

When are you coming?

Lee

Thanks Lee! And Dennis, old buddy...how are you? Hope you and C have an excellent Christmas. Incidentally, I've moved on from the English ales to what our English neighbours call 'iPA'...India Pale Ale. No idea where the name comes from, but lovely stuff. I'll have one in your (and C's) honour on the day.

Thanks Lee! And Dennis, old buddy...how are you? Hope you and C have an excellent Christmas. Incidentally, I've moved on from the English ales to what our English neighbours call 'iPA'...India Pale Ale. No idea where the name comes from, but lovely stuff. I'll have one in your (and C's) honour on the day.

Sancho
When our not so delightful Empire-building ancestors got tired of kicking the Irish about they went and 'conquered India' and needed something to drink for the troops that would mean they didn't have to rely on local water all of the time and would not go 'off' on the voyage to India or for a few months after arrival. To do this they upped the alcoholic content of not too strongly hopped pale beer and it worked nicely. Hence it was no longer just Pale Ale, but India Pale Ale. At least this was the explanation I read in the 1980's when got into 'studying' beer as well as drinking it.

Nowadays IPA comes with a host of different flavours and strengths.

You are welcome to join me and Dennis for a few when he flies in on Airforce 99.

Cheers/Slainte/Kipis/Prosit

Lee

Well, I don't need my arm twisting to agree with you. Adnams bitter from our south-eastern county of Suffolk is probably my favourite although Marston's Pedigree is right up there too, as is Theakston's Bitter. In fact for a winter drink Theakston's Old Peculier is fantastic while in the summer a chilled Newcastle Brown is just the ticket.

When are you coming?

Lee

During my long ago brief stay in the UK as a tourist, I would simply ask for "a pint of your best bitter".

It (at that time) cost from 50p upwards, and was invariably delicious.

I have no clue what any of them was.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back