• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello all - new to the forums. (1 Viewer)

Hello everyone,

I am brand new to all this, and became interested a week ago or so when I discovered that two odd looking birds that I've never seen around here before nested in a tree right next to our home. I have taken some photographs and wanted to know where it would be appropriate to post them to get some help in identifying what types of birds these are?

Thanks for any help.

(BTW, I'm located in Missouri.)

Last edited:
Hi st64 (hope you don't mind the abbreviation!),

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Admin and Moderators. I hope you enjoy your time with us - everyone here is friendly and helpful.

If you have a bird id question the best place to post it is in the Identification Forum here. I am sure one of our experts will be able to help.

Syntax,
Welcome to Birdforum. We'll be looking for your photos to help with the ID.
I like your screen name. I'm not sure if I've had that one before, but I've sure had my share of error messages!

Hi again, Syntax,

I too had a Commodore 64. But before I got that I had a Vic20, remember that one?
It came with 8K of memory (and, I believe, 3K plus was used by the operating system!)
So you had a whole 5K to work with, Wow!

I birded with "lassa8" and his girl friend today. We went around the oxbow lakes area south of Saint Joseph. They are from Kirksville, Missouri. It was a pretty long drive for them to come way over here to the other side of the state, but I believe they enjoyed the birds. We did not get the Scissor-tailed Flycatchers, but the Western Kingbird, Loggerhead Shrike, Grasshopper Sparrow, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Nothern Bobwhite and Ring-necked Pheasant (among others) sort of made up for missing on the flycatcher.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back