• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Storm Driven Guillemot, Southport (1 Viewer)

neillsgonebirdin

neillsgonebirdin
Went out bird watching on Saturday and came across this Guillemot on Southport marine lake, I've posted a photo of it here
No doubt it had been driven in by the storms, also on the lake was Kittiwake and Little Gull. There is a Great northern Diver present as well but I couldn't find it.

Guillemot.

Went out bird watching on Saturday and came across this Guillemot on Southport marine lake, I've posted a photo of it here
No doubt it had been driven in by the storms, also on the lake was Kittiwake and Little Gull. There is a Great northern Diver present as well but I couldn't find it.
How Far Inland are you in southport funnily enough on a
post in here last night someone had for a joke put a picture of what looked to
me a guillemot alongside this small stream or river they joked about it being
a small penquin I mentioned it was not in the realms of being impossible to see a guillemot in land as in the past and recent times we have had some
unusual sea bird records inland here in Derbyshire once even a razorbill
but I,ll count penquins out....:)

Guillemot

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=276876

I think there were a few good suggestions ;)

Tried googling inland guillemots without much luck. But this is slightly amusing -

http://www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk/forums/british-birds/90103-young-guillemot-inland.html
Hi there, yes I enjoyed that article you downloaded and from seeing that
I personally think there is always the chance of seeing guillemot inland
if only very rare so alongside puffin records we have had here in Derbyshire
past and present records along with little auk here also it would certainly be nice to put a guillemot alongside them happily a live bird.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back