• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What's the best binocular? (1 Viewer)

So at least for my Brunton Epoch's - which suffered from the "too much eye relief" problem, I did find an easy and affordable (and reversible) fix. I removed (unscrewed) both eye cups and then placed a rubber O-ring down over the threads to act as a spacer, then screwed the eye cups down to the O-ring. This gave me "just" enough of an increase in distance that the blackouts have all but disappeared. I can now bring the eye cups up firmly to my eye sockets with no problems. If I want to put them back, all I have to do is remove the eye cups and the O-rings and put them back to the original specs.

Not sure how many binocs this would work on, but for mine at least, it was a good and inexpensive option.

Here's what that looks like:

Attachments

• IMG_7015.jpg
    IMG_7015.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 66
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back