• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Slik tripod (1 Viewer)

squidge

Wha Whassssat
Is the Slik pro 634 cf tripod the same tripod as the pro 624 cf II. There are many conflicting specs for the 624 cf II. The pro 624 cf also has conflicting specs as regards max heights.

Any clarifications would be welcome.

Regards Gerard.

Hi Gerard

I have the Slik Pro Sprint II tripod for use with my Nikon ED50 scope. I think it is a great little tripod. There are two versions available - one with a ball-head and one with a 3-way tilt head. I have got the latter. Yes, you can take off the head (whichever you get) and change to another head of your choice using the 1/4-inch mount.

I did have a bit of trouble getting the head off mine and had to put it in a vice and give it a slight tap to free it. But it now screws on and off easily.

I am thinking of upgrading the supplied head for a Velbon FHD-52Q fluid head which is available for less than £30 on Amazon, and has a 1/4 inch mount. It will have a much smoother panning action than the supplied Slik head.

But I have been pleased with the Slik Sprint Pro II tripod legs. And weight is low (less than a kilo), great for walking around with my Nikon ED50.

The Velbon Ultra Luxi-L looks very good also - I have seen others recommend this also, but have not tried one myself.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Nick

Hi Nick, I have ordered the sprint pro II gm tripod. It is the ballhead version although I intend to replace it with the manfrotto 494 Rc ballhead. The specs given for the legs of the tripod is 810 grams. The 494 rc ball head is 320 grams so it will be a lightweight set up.

Regards Gerard.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back