• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is this a good deal? (1 Viewer)

Alkip

I've the chance of buying a used IS60 but, being a newbie to scopes, I thought that I'd ask for some advice;

Opticron IS60 Angled scope, IS Pro eyepiece (15-45x Zoom) plus an Opticron Stay-on-case.

Is £150 about the right price?

Hi Alkip,

Yes that's a great deal, discounted prices usually £115 for IS60 body, £80 for IS pro zoom, Stay on case £40, or soft case £16....So £150 for the lot is good

Steve

I've the chance of buying a used IS60 but, being a newbie to scopes, I thought that I'd ask for some advice;

Opticron IS60 Angled scope, IS Pro eyepiece (15-45x Zoom) plus an Opticron Stay-on-case.

Is £150 about the right price?

I'd say that the price is about right for this lot secondhand assuming it's all in good nick.

Hi Alkip,

Yes that's a great deal, discounted prices usually £115 for IS60 body, £80 for IS pro zoom, Stay on case £40, or soft case £16....So £150 for the lot is good

Steve

Price seems pretty fair. Just check to see if it is the old or the new version as Opticron have revcently produced a waterproof version of this scope with the focus in wheel on top of the scope in a more conventional position. The price is still fair for the older version, (I owned one of these and was more than happy with it) but it may change how desirable it it to you.

Perry

Thanks for the replies folks, I'm assured that it's in good condition however, I'm fairly sure that it's the older version - I'll double check.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back