• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need Help !! (1 Viewer)

BackGardenMoths

Hi Everyone.

Ok, I could do with some help. I have recently purchased a Canon 500D camera. I'd very much like to start doing some bird photography. I have about £1000 at my disposal and I can't decide what to buy.

I've read that the Canon EF 400mm is a good lens but also the Sigma 150-500mm lens is also worth considering. My other dilema is that I only own a pair of binoculars so would it also be worth considering buying a decent scope and doing some digiscoping. Can I use the Canon's body and attach it to a scope adaptor.

I could really do with some advice and guidance if possible. I've been a keen moth recorder for many years but want to start branching out into the bird world ASAP.

Thanks

Simon

I suspect that you would be better of with the Canon lens. I use one myself and it has rescued me on more then one occasion.

If you want to get into images of birds, go for the Canon 400mm f5.6 on your budget. I guarantee you will be pleased with your images. Go on the digiscoping forum for answers on adaptors.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back