• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vortex Fury advice please! (1 Viewer)

flossiepip

Hi,
Just tried the Fury's for the first time fresh out of the box, got them from cameralandny, great service by the way. Problem is I'm seeing to images! I set them for interpupillary distance ok, focused left eye then right on the diopter all nice and sharp, opened both eyes and two images, so not to good! Any ideas? Thanks

Did you notice this when you first set your IPD-That is before you set the diopter?

If not, fiddle around with your IPD and check the binocular out looking at vertical objects like telephone poles to see if the double image disappears. If that doesn't solve the problem then it seems to me it is a collimation problem and the binocular will have to be returned. How this could be missed at Camera Land is a mystery to me-unless they did not check them out before they sent them out or they got damaged in shipping as Walter noted.

Bob

Hi,
Thanks for that, yes to the first part and looking at poles near and far there is a double image just above the real image that no amount of alteration will re-move. Its hard on the eyes too! So I guess back they will have to go! Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back