• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zen-Ray Binoculars Giveaways. Ultimate Prize: two pairs of PRIME HD binoculars (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My random post to remind folks to limit the reply to one per day going forward. Please help spread the word on this.

Thanks

Charles

Fair enough, rules is rules, but a bit of a shame really :-C

I didn't really go in for the totally random multi-posting, but in the end it was developing into a fun thread, and I got to know a few fellow BF'ers a bit better, so I enjoyed it while the going was good.

A bit of a bummer that the concept of the thread, which I thought was genius is now gone, whereby the thread was always top or just off it, it was a thread where people could be attracted in, and would be more likely to interact due to the nature of it - with Zen-Ray proudly displayed at the top of the forums as a result - clever ;)

Of course that won't happen so much now, but I would like to say hats off to Charles or whoever at Zen-Ray thought of it, as the original concept was brilliant in my eyes - a shame a few people obviously didn't get the concept totally.

I guess I am glad the randomness has gone, but the constructive interaction, even as simple as eye spy was fun :-O

On the plus side the next couple of month's evenings will not be taken up now :-O:-O:-O

Oh and this is my post for today :t:

My daily post. But just look at this beauty. I don,t usually say that about this species!

Attachments

• tn_IMG_2821_cr.jpg
    tn_IMG_2821_cr.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 27
my daily post is an inspiring one; here is a photo of my FREE Zen-Ray Vista proudly standing next to its 8x43 ED3 older brother B :)

somebody son, with hard work, dedication, and a little splash of integrity and a dose of good ol' fashioned luck, you too can be like me.....

Attachments

• ZR vista photo.JPG
    ZR vista photo.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 28
Fair enough, rules is rules, but a bit of a shame really :-C

I didn't really go in for the totally random multi-posting, but in the end it was developing into a fun thread, and I got to know a few fellow BF'ers a bit better, so I enjoyed it while the going was good.

A bit of a bummer that the concept of the thread, which I thought was genius is now gone, whereby the thread was always top or just off it, it was a thread where people could be attracted in, and would be more likely to interact due to the nature of it - with Zen-Ray proudly displayed at the top of the forums as a result - clever ;)

Of course that won't happen so much now, but I would like to say hats off to Charles or whoever at Zen-Ray thought of it, as the original concept was brilliant in my eyes - a shame a few people obviously didn't get the concept totally.

I guess I am glad the randomness has gone, but the constructive interaction, even as simple as eye spy was fun :-O

I agree that some chance at interaction was lost with just one post per day. But the idea of "all things in moderation" was clearly not guiding all of us. Things escalate so easily... When we don't moderate ourselves, then clearer boundaries have to be drawn... it is too bad.

Anyway, hope all those in Australia/Asia have a great birding day! And that those calling it a night, get a good night's sleep.

I agree that some chance at interaction was lost with just one post per day. But the idea of "all things in moderation" was clearly not guiding all of us. Things escalate so easily... When we don't moderate ourselves, then clearer boundaries have to be drawn... it is too bad.

Anyway, hope all those in Australia/Asia have a great birding day! And that those calling it a night, get a good night's sleep.

Look the Original Post basically encouraged people to go for it. So the blame is not with the posters and their so called lack of moderation IMO. The problem was with the way the OP was constructed.

I think the best thing would be to delete this thread now or after the next drawing. Rewrite the rules and make them specific and clear. Go from there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back