• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping with dual camera cel phones (1 Viewer)

pbjosh

missing the neotropics
Switzerland
I am going to be forced into buying a new phone at some point here as my current phone is on its last legs. Dual cameras are becoming more and more prevalent in smart phones I'm noticing. Though I don't digiscope much, I'm curious how people get on with dual camera phones, both Android and iPhone? Can you just ignore or disable the second camera or does it cause problems?

Where di you wind up with this? I am considering an iPhone 8 Plus. I have heard that the dual cameras is a "Phonescoping revolution", but you know, I always fear change.

I eventually used other criteria to purchase and have the iPhone 8+ myself. Happy with the phone and I like the physical zoom capability a lot, though I've not tried it digiscoping.

One small thing to note- the speaker has pretty good volume, so much that I frequently don't use an external speaker for playback. However, if I use the phone for playback on a hot / sunny day with the internal speaker, the phone gets very warm / borderline hot to the touch.

I will have to give some digiscoping a shot.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back