• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which opticron eyepiece with the GS665 ED? (1 Viewer)

Hi
I am thinking of buying an Opticron GS665 ED scope for my wife but can't decide which eyepiece to get with it. In the past I have had 32 wide angle eye pieces with my scope which I have found fine (though my scope is a 77mm lens so is brighter) but there isn't one that goes with this scope - the 32ww becomes only 25x with the 665 scope.
The next one up is a lens which is 35x with this scope but with a smaller scope will I lose out on brightness too much?
I have been warned off getting the zoom as I was told it has a very narrow field of view and isn't very good higher than around 40x anyway.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks

If it,s any help,I use a HR 66 ED and I find a 28 ww or 35 ww the most used of my eyepieces. My zoom eyepiece rarely makes an appearance. If I were to plump for one I would surprisingly go for the 28ww.Hope this is of some use. Bellow.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back