• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Same species? What species? (1 Viewer)

lassa8

United States
I saw these two birds around 5:30pm tonight...they flew out of a tree together and landed right in front of me. Are they the male and female of the same species? If so, what species? I can't identify these for the life of me. I think I may also have a sound clip of one of them that I could post if that would help any. I didn't get a good look at the bird I was recording, but it looked similar to the bird in the first picture.

Attachments

• sp1.jpg
    sp1.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 277
  • sp2.jpg
    sp2.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 292
May I just say - this is the first bird i.d. I've ever got completely right?
(cue someone coming on to post that it's actually a Siberian song sparrow or something...)
:h?:

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back