• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

U.S.-Central Ohio: Assist with Warbler ID, please (1 Viewer)

prweasel

I shot this Warbler along the edge of some woods just north of Columbus, Ohio. There were several Yellow Warblers and Yellow-rumped Warblers in the same area, but I hadn't seen one like this.

My best guess is it's a migrating Nashville Warbler, but my field guides don't show the spotting along the sides that this bird has. I guess the Nashville Warbler would migrate through this area because the field guide says it summers well north of here and winters in Mexico.

The folks in this forum have been very helpful with bird IDs in the past. I'm a photo hobbyist who shoots a lot of bird images, but I'm not very good at IDs.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

• 060902SharWd101.jpg
    060902SharWd101.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 166
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back