• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tanzania 2011 (1 Viewer)

Dryocopus

Was Eagle before...still am in life!
Starting a new thread!

Well the deposit has been paid! Guess what transfering money from UK to Tanzania was not the breeze I expected!
Santander totally screwed me over managing not to transfer the monies but still cost £25 for the initial transaction and then low and behold after they said there was not sufficient information provided for them to transfer the money it cost another £123 or so as to change of currencies!

Strange as my main bank Lloyds has just successfully delivered the deposit for £20 and it got there!

So warning Santander is not the bank it cracks itself up to be!

So we know who will be handling the rest!

So airline tickets sorted and now the deposit paid.
I have to say the Roy's Safaris have been so good over the total rubbish that has occured!
Due date to pay deposit was in early Dec - its finally reached them this week.

They even held all reservations despite us not meeting the deadlines - all credit to them!

I will share our itinary later!

Just to say we are totally looking forward to out time in Tanzania and Roys Safaris have been brilliant with all the negotiating as to what we wanted to do and see and stay and our special end to the holiday!:t:

Well its not too long before we are off on our adventure to Northern Tanzania!

Slight hiccup on our flight from Kenya to Tanzania means we are staying overnight in Nairobi. At least we get to see some of the landscape on the flight in the morning!

Itinary is
Lake Manyara (2 nights)
Serengeti (2 nights in Central plus 2 more at Mbuzi Mawe Camp)
then to Ngorongoro Crater (2 nights)

then a night in Arusha
beforw 4 nights on Pemba Island!
Then its off to Dar (1 night)
for our flight back to Uk!

Great thing is we have the 4x4 to ourselves so Pat can take the photos she wants and I can bird watch to my hearts content!As well as watch the Mammals!

C

We are back from our Tanzanian adventure.

I am having a chillin day as we left on Tuesday morning at 8am from The Manta Resort on Pemba Island and then threee flights later were in our Dar Hotel by 9.45pm.(long story but we had to go via Arusha) a couple very bumpy rides from Pemba to Zanzibar - and (in the same plane) to Arusha.
A lovely late lunch in the African Tulip followed by a smooth flight to Dar.
Our flight back to England was at 8.45am on Wednesday - and was also smooth apart from two short periods of turbulance.I was in my house by 17.30.

The advanture was an adventure and was a fantastic experience.The Safari was amazing and the Beach resort a total delight - chillin so necessary after 9 days safari!

The full story wil be on my blog- probably start it during the w/e unless there is good birding to be had here!

Roy Safaris were superb as far as arrangements went (with one small glitch that was sorted immediately) our safari guide/driver was outstanding in all aspects as well as having a lovely sense of humour and an understanding of irony so necessary for us Brits!
We were impressed with the Serena Lodges/Tented Camp and The Manta Resort.

The mammals? The birds? Well they didn't let the show down either but more of them later!
Photographs will appear on my blog and probably here as well. The record shots and/or pics are mine the good ones and the superb ones are my friends.
I thought I had mentioned that I was glad she was a good photographer!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back