• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

blackbird building nest in hedge in our garden. (1 Viewer)

coal tit

COAL TIT
Hi there well it was in the last few days of february i saw both male and female blackbird enter the hedge together a couple of times and in the last few days just the female same place each time, perhaps up 2/3 weeks on average nest building times in our garden there has been a mild period here around this time but forecast has promised colder weather this weekend with winds just starting
to pick up outside, these are the first birds so far this year nest building i,ve seen february is normally the earliest you will see them nest building here but i remember 40 years ago last february a hen bird on eggs already in that month in our hawthorn hedge where we lived not far from here, i can remember a report of a pair with young around christmas in derby city centre a few years ago. ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back