• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where do you go? (1 Viewer)

SDB777

I live in the Cabot area and would like to go to some 'hot spots' for photography and general watching. My current destinations consist of the Greers Ferry Lake, Little Red River, Lake Maumelle, and of course my backyard. While all these places have some birds, not all these places are great for the photography.
The wife would enjoy if the place had somewhere to fish, and fly-fishing would be a major bonus!

Where do you go?

Scott (fishing is great in this State) B

No one that lives in Arkansas knows anywhere to go... Honestly, I find that hard to believe. Come on. Starting a small list of places to go and see something different will only help.

#1: Holland Bottoms - between Jacksonville and Cabot
They have any area that is set aside for a Rest Area for Waterfowl.
You can enter on foot, but you better wear some hip-waders and watch for water snakes!
map at: http://www.agfc.com/!userfiles/pdfs/wma_lake_maps/HollandBottoms.pdf

#2: Cypress Bayou - between Ward and Butlerville
A lot of wild game animals located in these woods.
Parking is available, and Muckboots are advised. Snake chaps are a good idea!
I've seen many birds, and a few wild turkey!
map at: http://www.agfc.com/!userfiles/pdfs/wma_lake_maps/CypressBayou.pdf

Scott (share your spots, see more birds) B

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back