• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Announcing the July 2007 theme challenge winners - Camouflaged Birds (1 Viewer)

IanF

Well that’s a first – a three way tie!

From the 59 entries this month, 30 were selected for the voting booth.

Members cast a total of 121 votes.

Voting was always close but one entry just to say led the way for quite a while only to be caught on the last day of voting. It’s been the closest voting we’ve had yet. A late run on voting led to three entries all gaining 10/10 votes a piece.

Congratulations to -

Reader with ‘I can’t see you, so you can’t see me’

LisaW withCamouflaged Predator waiting on Prey’

and new member

Wildside with ‘Tree-creeper sleeping’

As we have a tie all three winners will be moved to the competition winners forums in a few days after which details of the August theme will be posted.

First time for this, itjust shows how good and how different people sum up comouflage.

Well done to the 3 of you.

Well done Reader and congrats ..Bravo..:clap:..and to both the 1st runner up and the 2nd runner up..congrats and well done..:clap:..it was fun wasnt it..lol..:D.

Well that was a nice surprise. I saw that I was in the lead on Friday and couldn't believe it but didn't get chance to see the result until this morning.

Thanks to those that voted for my entry and congrats to those who share top spot with me. Also congrats to all those that took part anyway. There were some excellent photos in this months contest.

John

Congratulations to all three winners!! Wow, a three-way tie with camouflaged birds. Something very intersting about that! Great images. Well done!

congratulations on for the #1 3-way tie....wow! and to all of those that entered. I recently started back on the birdforum after being gone a while and was amazed at the quality of the competition photos. Good go! everyone.

Congrats to the winners the 3 of you had awesome photos. Also everyone else had really nice photos also. Thank you to whoever you guys are that voted for my photo.

Congratulations to all 3 winners - I really enjoyed browsing all the wonderful entries this month.

I haven't been able to get on for a few days, so this is a little late - thanks to all who took the time to vote. 121 votes sounds high (given the number of members it's low but high for comps.) There were some great photos that were submitted and the final 30 were all fantastic.
Thanks to everyone that voted for my photo and Congratulations to Reader and Wildside - it is an honor to share the top this month with both of you.
A BIG thank you to Ian and the moderators for taking the time to monitor and do all necessary for the competitions.

Well done John - that was my favourite!

(Hope your back's improving - this win will help to take your mind off it maybe!)

Sandra

Thanks Sandra. Thankfully my back seems to have rectified itself over the last two weeks so now I can get myself out again.

John

Yes Brilliant, just back from Hls to see the results for the firirst time, well done everyone ;-)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back