• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New to Macro Help! (1 Viewer)

Heathy

Afternoon

I have been using the Canon F4 300mm lens and Canon ef 25 mm extension tube for butterfly and dragonfly shots to which the results were very pleasing, please see my website: www.marcheath.wildlifephotography.zenfolio.com. I have just purchased a Sigma 150 macro lens (non stabilised) and would like some basic macro advise if possible. I have had a play around the last few days and it's been frustrating. I have been using AV, f8 and mostly handheld. I realise I probably need a monopod to get sharper shots but sure there is some basic stuff I'm not doing. I did use live view today which seemed helpful, is this normally used?

Many thanks in advance for the help

Marc

For some of my shots the last couple of days with this lens please visit www.marcheath.blogspot.com

Are you using any additional lighting, it's very important with macro to get good depth of field. Also, look into focus stacking, most serious macro shooters use this technique.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back