• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Random: Could you help me photoshop a pic of my dog? (1 Viewer)

yakyakgoose

My girlfriend took a great black and white photo of my dog and we were trying to figure out how to make the background around him all black but we're are photo processing illiterate. Anyone have an interest in this stuff that could help?

My girlfriend took a great black and white photo of my dog and we were trying to figure out how to make the background around him all black but we're are photo processing illiterate. Anyone have an interest in this stuff that could help?

Without seeing it i will be guessing but a selection of the dog and inverting then exposure adj on the back ground is the basic way.

If you want some one to have a go open a dropbox account and put the full size file on there, raw would be best if you have it.

If you just want advice post a image for us to see,there are different ways, the one i suggested is if you had photoshop elements if you have the full cc version then ACR would be the part to use.

The other good program is lightroom but i dont use it.

Hi,

I'd recommend finding a good video tutorial - "good" means one matching your image processing program and your use case.

Here's one tutorial that might already help a bit, you can probably click through related videos if that's not a good match and find a better one pretty quickly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=0&v=hjBCWdnRpYY

Regards,

Henning

I managed to attach it up above (hopefully haha). I have to go run a workshop at work really quick and drive home in some snow but Ill be back on in a few hours.

Attachments

• shiner.jpg
    shiner.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 56
This type of image is what I was thinking but it might be more complicated than I was expecting....

Attachments

• qe5citp.jpg
    qe5citp.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 44
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back