• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

looking for kingfisher (1 Viewer)

-Gally-

hi, I live in warrington and my local patch is moore nature reserve , Im pretty new to bird watching but i have been lucky to see a kingfisher there twice . But i have not see it now for a while since the bad weather so i was wondering if there are any good hot spots for them in the warrington/cheshire area . Any advice would be greatly appreciated , cheers neil

hi, I live in warrington and my local patch is moore nature reserve , Im pretty new to bird watching but i have been lucky to see a kingfisher there twice . But i have not see it now for a while since the bad weather so i was wondering if there are any good hot spots for them in the warrington/cheshire area . Any advice would be greatly appreciated , cheers neil

I had one or two regular on my local patch before the cold weather but havn't seen any since. Not heard of any regular sites around the county where you could guarantee them. Later in Spring when bird hold territory it will be easier to find them. Try posting on the Cheshire and Wirral birding thread in the my local patch section of Birdforum.

CB

I 3rd Mere Sands. From the Rufford hide you are quite likely to see them (given time) and if your lucky they perch close to hide for some good photo shots.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back