• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

can U help house martin (1 Viewer)

eve o

Hi I admit I know not much about birds but thought you guys might be able to help.picked up a baby house martin last week, yes I know you are not meant to but it had been booted out the nest and was on the road,it was very cute with hardly and feathers apart from a bit of fluff,I thought it wouldnt make it but after a week of lovely meal worms and flies my kids have enthusiastically collected he is doing really well and answers to the name of Elvis when you whistle!Im wiltshire based and now need some help with where to go now.cheers Eve

you did the right thing it sounds like if you had left him he would have died .

I am in Salisbury and hand reared 3 House Martins last year.

has he started flying yet, when he does be careful of any windows one of my little ones last year had an acsident with a window last year and sadly died. The wiltshire Wildlife Hosptial is in Newton Tony, if you need a hand let me know, and Iver myself or them can help.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back