• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Local Patch: 100th bird sp (1 Viewer)

jforgham

Birding for fun
Last week, 17th, I managed, at last, to record the 100th bird species for my patch. This is the parish of Little Hadham, East Herts. Taken 5 years 2 months to get the century, having been stuck on 99 since March 2010!
Bird in question; a pair of wigeon on a local irrigation lagoon. Few photos attached and whole list + more on my blog. Now for the 101st and hope its not a 3 year wait.
regards,
Jono

Attachments

• wigeon2-713298.JPG
    wigeon2-713298.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 41
  • wigeon drake-716177.JPG
    wigeon drake-716177.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 28
  • wigeon drake (2)-720202.JPG
    wigeon drake (2)-720202.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 33
Bravo Jono.

Was Wigeon expected at all? And do you have any glaring gaps that you reckon you'll fill eventually?

James
I thought that a winter wigeon on the lagoon was always a possibility, just a case of wandering mile or two to check the water on a regular basis.
Plenty still to come, hopefully.
For starters: gadwall, shoveler, great crested grebe at the same lagoon and, if the water level drops to permit a little mud: overflying waders in March/April + little ringed plover.
Rest of the parish: still to see brambling, waxwing, lesser spotted woodpecker + migratory birds over such as osprey, r.l. buzzard.
Plenty to keep me out there 7 days a week. Great little patch.
regards,
Jono

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back