• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding at Lake Livingston State Park (1 Viewer)

Cillana

Had a great time today birding with my mom at Lake Livingston State Park in east Texas. Went to some of my usual spots and checked out another trail I hadn't been on before. The birds were very active and some came very close to us. Wish I had brought my camera.

Let's see if I can remember every species we saw:
1. White-throated Sparrow
2. Chipping Sparrow
3. Savannah Sparrow
4. Swamp Sparrow
5. Northern Cardinal (tons of 'em!)
6. American Robin
7. Blue Jay
8. American Crow
9. Pine Warbler
10. Yellow-rumped Warbler
11. Red-crowned Kinglet
12. Brown Creeper
13. Red-breasted Nuthatch
14. Brown-headed Nuthatch
15. American Goldfinch
16. Carolina Wren
17. Carolina Chickadee
18. Tufted Titmouse
19. Cedar Waxwing
20. Hairy Woodpecker
21. Pileated Woodpecker
22. Red-breasted Woodpecker
23. Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
24. Red-tailed Hawk
25. Turkey Vulture
26. American White Pelican
27. Double-crested Cormorant
28. Ring-billed Gull
29. Mallard
30. Mourning Dove

Last edited:
What a shame you didn't have your camera! But it certainly sounded like a good day out.

My mom also says she saw one bird that I didn't see:

32. Downy Woodpecker

I need to hurry and get over this sinus/ear infection so I can get back out there with my camera!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back