• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

sandpiper ID? (1 Viewer)

Bubo

Registered Birder
i'm wondering what type of sandpiper (if at all) this bird may be. same bird, two diff. photos put together. i'm having a hard time matching it in my Sibley guide. closest i can come is least sandpiper (but they're supposedly winter birds here in southern california)...any assitance is greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

• peep.jpg
    peep.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 255
Hi there,
Many birds listed as 'winter visitors' stay into the spring,with some passage also of birds which had wintered further to the south.
This is a classic Least Sandpiper in summer plumage,well done on such clear pics!
Harry

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back