• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brambling (1 Viewer)

Well caught both! We had one fly in very fleetingly on Thursday but he was gone before I could get a photo.

What an excellent looking wee bird...:t: well done.
I'm particularly enjoying the various finches just now, but would really like one of those. :t:

Bramblings

Nice one Henry
Ive had one or to here up until the snow moved in then had 250! with 150 chaffinch on the 3rd. Biggest flock I've seen in Worcestershire, feeding on a seed crop planted for game birds with kale, looks similar to millet.
Have to say they're very impressive on mass.
Geoff

Lesser-spotted Woodpecker

On a mission today to try and get LSW in Londonthorpe Woods as one has been seen their before.

No luck but had a pair of GSW and a single male drumming plus very close views of 6 Bullfinch 2 male 4 female :)

But its not over yet it would be boring if you had what you want every time you go out. :smoke:

I´ve had a male Brambling coming to my (tiny) garden since early December, and in the last two weeks he´s been joined by another male and a female. (I can only assume it´s the same three birds every day). They favour oatmeal, black sunflower seeds, and crumbled wholewheat bread, as well as peanuts. I didn´t think they made it this far west every year, and thought that if there are three in my garden, the rest of Europe must be rocking with them!

The most down here in south west france I've seen in limited birding in 3 years- there was a flock of 1000+ a few km north of the village the other day, and generally about in random hedgerows......... maybe they've all come further south than usual ;) (distribution map in Collins shows them wintering as far south as N. Africa)

Henry, I think we have now taken charge of him today...we had our first ever in the garden this morning.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back