• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbled ID help, South Finland (1 Viewer)

lbaia

Chiffchaff, willow warbler?
Here are some pictures and one sound file (only call, no melody)

Thanks in advance.
Luis

Attachments

• Voice 006.mp3
    269.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 20140627_suomenoja_0336.jpg
    20140627_suomenoja_0336.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 20140627_suomenoja_0340.jpg
    20140627_suomenoja_0340.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 20140627_suomenoja_0344.jpg
    20140627_suomenoja_0344.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 46
Sorry - wasn't being patronising - I was confiming id...

Have you cds of bird calls to supplement a field guide? In Finland it is essential. You hear far more than you see - particularly in summer with the tree cover (and reeds at Viiki for one).

It's also tricky at this time of year with all the young birds making 'different' noises!!

Sorry - wasn't being patronising - I was confiming id...

Have you cds of bird calls to supplement a field guide? In Finland it is essential. You hear far more than you see - particularly in summer with the tree cover (and reeds at Viiki for one).

It's also tricky at this time of year with all the young birds making 'different' noises!!

No CDs but I downloaded calls/songs for most of the birds in Finland. And before heading to a place I try to listen to it.
But I'm quite new and that's too much to assimilate at the same time. On top of that I love taking photos, which I believe most of the time distract me from proper ID. But I guess it is all part of the learning curve, just have to take it slowly.
And I'm very grateful to you and other ones here in the forum that help a lot.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back