• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red-breasted Merganser (1 Viewer)

Brilliant shot. :t:
I've only seen a Merg once and was hypnotised by him, a beautiful bird.

So what's the fish then?? ;)

dont think its a young brown trout the fins look wrong plus it looks slightly orange are there any ponds with goldfish in in the area ?

nice shot. they're a favourite bird of mine. 4-5 weeks ago i saw a pair off laide in torridon then went to the shop in aultbea and saw another in the harbour right outside the co-op shop.

my first and best sighting was in the outer hebrides, again just outside a shop, as one swam along with its face down in the water persistently trying to keep a small flat fish in its gub. when it eventually managed it, a gull swooped down immediately and pinched.

wish i'd had a camera, or, even better, my camcorder.

cracking bird, cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back