• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

White Fallow Deer, Wyre Forest (1 Viewer)

I saw 8 Fallow deer in the Wyre Forest yesterday, one group of 3 females, then another group of 2 females and finally a group of 3 males. This lovely buck was among them. He is not really white, more very light brown, but against the dark forest backdrop he appears white. Quite well grown, bigger than the other 2 bucks, which leaves me wondering where he has been hiding as I have not seen a white deer here for a few years and as I am in the forest every weekend, I would expect to have seen him somewhere.
Jackie

Attachments

• P1000626.jpg
    P1000626.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 290
Lovely photo Jackie! I too visit the Wyre Forest fairly reguarly & haven't come across this buck before - great find! :)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back