• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (29 Viewers)

A comparison of the day lists for the West Midlands region sites from the Spring All-Dayer on the 25th April.

Notable in its absence from all the lists was Little Owl :eek!:

Now amended to include the day's sightings from Venus Pool (thanks Tom); Little Owl still absent ..... :-C

Attachments

• Copy of Spring All Dayer 2015 (VP).xls
    41.5 KB · Views: 39
Whimbrel at the Flashes as per Alan Hooper on Twitter (& Redshank)

Earlier Dave J had 2 Yellow Wags, 6 LRP, 4 Common Tern, Med Gull (2s) plus the stuff John has already mentioned

Last edited:
Arctic Tern on the Sailing Pool at 12:13 as per pager

I arrived at 1.15pm but the bird had left 2 minutes before. At 1.28pm regor (Roger) re-found it on the Moors. I dashed over and watched it for just a few minutes fly up and down the pool a couple of times. Then it rapidly gained height and zoomed off north.

At 3.12pm Keith M found a whimbrel on the Flashes which stayed 20 minutes or so, unfortunately I was at Marsh Lane. So at least 2 whimbrel and possibly 3 Arctic terns. Des will hopefully have plenty more to add later.

Today's highlights:

FLASHES:
Avocet (31)-----------------LRP (6)
Dunlin (2)-------------------Redshank
Lapwing (8)-----------------Oystercatcher (2)
Common Sand (2)----------Yellow Wagtail (m)
Shelduck (7)----------------Gadwall (pr)
Shoveler (pr)----------------Teal (pr)
Kingfisher

MOORS:
Med Gull (2s)---------------Common Tern (4)
Common Sand (2)----------Snipe (1)
Teal (m)--------------------Gadwall (pr)
Shoveler (pr)---------------Tufted Duck (45)
Cormorant (3)--------------Herring Gull
Swift (1)--------------------Lesser Whitethroat
Sparrowhawk---------------Kestrel
Cetti's Warbler (2)----------Oystercatcher (4)

SAILING POOL:
Arctic Tern------------------Raven (2)
Grey Wagtail----------------House Sparrow (m)
Lesser Whitethroat----------Gadwall (pr)

Des.

NORTH MOORS:
Whitethroat-----------------Teal (m)
Shoveler (m)----------------Cetti's Warbler (2)

The weather looks decidedly tasty from Friday onwards, through the Bank Holiday period and then right up to the following Friday with the winds easterly or southerly (quite strong some days) and showers or prolonged periods of rain to bring stuff down. With some good coverage who knows what may be unearthed.

Now why would anyone wish to disappear to an eastern Med island for a week at this time of year? 8-P

The weather looks decidedly tasty from Friday onwards, through the Bank Holiday period and then right up to the following Friday with the winds easterly or southerly (quite strong some days) and showers or prolonged periods of rain to bring stuff down. With some good coverage who knows what may be unearthed.

Now why would anyone wish to disappear to an eastern Med island for a week at this time of year? 8-P

Now is your chance Phil, to make a name for yourself.;)
It would be nice if you got one of what we are going to see and it stayed for the 'boys' to see ...I hope the grapevine is in gear, I wont be texting everyone from Lesbianos:loveme::girl:

It would be nice if you got one of what we are going to see and it stayed for the 'boys' to see ...I hope the grapevine is in gear, I wont be texting everyone from Lesbianos:loveme::girl:

Will be down sometime over the Bank Holiday and again Tuesday and Thursday next week (perhaps in the afternoon if Dave is covering the mornings)

Will be down sometime over the Bank Holiday and again Tuesday and Thursday next week (perhaps in the afternoon if Dave is covering the mornings)

Also at Moors, Dave J had 2 black tailed godwits circle this morning then flew off north...at Flashes 3 dunlin and a ringed plover

Last edited:
April closed with a monthly list of 115 species and the year list advanced to 128. As a comparison:

2014 - April list of 110; year list at 126 by the end of April
2013 - April list of 118; year list at 134 by the end of April

Potential additions to the year list in May include Garganey, Marsh Harrier, Sanderling, Ruff, Bar-tailed Godwit, Turnstone, Wood Sandpiper, Yellow-legged Gull, Little Tern, Little Owl, Lesser Spotted Woodpecker, Spotted Flycatcher, Yellowhammer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back