• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (6 Viewers)

Nice surprise today, had a Grey Wagtail under my feeder and manage to film it as well so will upload a video when I can. Haven't seen one of these that I remember for about 15 years!

Found an old bag of gerbil food, stuck it in a peanut feeder, had a blue tit come for the first time in weeks. Lol

Other than that, the usual 20+ Goldfinches and a couple of Dunnocks

None stop coal tits goodness knows where they are putting it all!
Blue tits
Great tits
a Robin
and a couple of Dunnocks

i'm not sure if joviality is allowed on this forum. I can't help but remark on your excellent post because it reminded me of a little song that I learned when I lived in England many years ago.

"There once was a lady named Kitty,
who had one enormous t...y,
She walked on a cliff, leaned over a bit
and fell on a handsome smithy."

i'm not sure if joviality is allowed on this forum. I can't help but remark on your excellent post because it reminded me of a little song that I learned when I lived in England many years ago.

"There once was a lady named Kitty,
who had one enormous t...y,
She walked on a cliff, leaned over a bit
and fell on a handsome smithy."

We love Joviality on here. Welcome to the thread and Birdforum lonepine :t::t:

CB

Recent spots are a single Redpoll, seen only once. I regognised it from the dozen or so we saw last winter.

Last night at dusk I was in the garden and noticed one of the cats staring up at the chimney, I looked and saw a Tawney Owl staring at me! It then took off and I loved the silent flying.

First time I have seen an owl in the wild. Lovely .

lovely birds tawny owls are!

had one last year calling outside my bedroom window, ended up staying in the tree out the front for a good hour or too with some good views.

Again had a good flock of blue and great tits today, saw a few goldfinch in the trees round my garden so hopefully they'll make a visit to the feeders at some point in the next few days!:t:

Recent spots are a single Redpoll, seen only once. I regognised it from the dozen or so we saw last winter.

Last night at dusk I was in the garden and noticed one of the cats staring up at the chimney, I looked and saw a Tawney Owl staring at me! It then took off and I loved the silent flying.

First time I have seen an owl in the wild. Lovely .

Well done on the Redpoll and especially the Tawny. I've yet to see 'mine' but it calls most nights. Wet and windy nights it tends not to call.

Presumably it's not just me that's having huge flocks (charms) of Goldfinches visit their garden.
Yesterday,we had at least 25 feeding from the seed feeders and on the ground below the feeders, was quite a sight.

Just back from a few days birding at the coast, the person who lives next door, neighbour is not the term Id use, has flattened and hacked to pieces their garden, removing countless shrubs, hedges, plum trees, bramble patches, a massive laurel hedge, flowers everything

I know this is not a place to rant and that it is their garden - but I was so saddened to see this. SO many bird species lived in there. As a conservation driven person it really quite hurt to see this wonderful habitat ruined, I doubt I will have many warblers next year.

I think I will go by lots of nest boxes with the old student loan in hope that something will stick about.

Not much in the garden when i returned home, the cottage at cley's garden had. . . tawny owl, common buzzard as a couple of highlights :)

it is sad Johny and unfortunatly not everyone gets it..... shrubs and bushes, trees and hedges, and guess what I bet they end up flagging the lot. Some people just dont have a clue. (I am still smarting a little from my neighbour who took out a whole row of trees in his garden)

2 Buzzards over the garden a few minutes ago and the Male Sparrowhawk thought about a major attack until it saw me coming out of the shed and it did a very sharp u-turn.

We get masses of Goldfinches in our garden, both on the feeders and on the ground. I have counted about 15 at any one time. Always scrapping with the Greenfinches for the sunflower hearts!

On the electricity line at the back of our house, I got to 25 Goldfinches before they flew off.

I love them :t:

Will be reporting from Bryn near Bishop's Castle in January as we hope to exchange on our purchase on Monday. Comes with an acre of garden.

it seems like ages since I even took an image in the garden so here is one from the shadows this afternoon

Attachments

• _MG_9803-1.jpg
    _MG_9803-1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 45

Users who are viewing this thread

Back