• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fitting an image to space on screen (1 Viewer)

NoSpringChicken

United Kingdom
For years, when working on an image in Photoshop I have been using the handy trick of double clicking the Hand tool to resize the image to fit the free space on my monitor. It would fit it within any open palettes so the entire image was visible. Yesterday, something changed and now when I double click, it fills the entire width of the screen and is behind any palettes which are in the way. I believe this is how it is meant to work but I prefer it as it was and can't work out how to reset it. Any ideas?

Ron

Last edited:
I seem to have sorted it myself now by going to the top menu then 'Window > Arrange > Match Zoom'.

That's better. I can't cope with too much change at my time of life.

Ron

Ron, I'm glad you figured it out on your own. I'm lousy at computer stuff, especially when it goes bad..it's like so much "Black Magic" sometimes..make you feel helpless.
Not long ago I downloaded Picasa 3..I had # 2 on my computer..well, all of a sudden things I could do easily in the second version weren't happening in the new version and you can't go home again with this stuff! I'm going to re=install my elements 6 and see if I can pray over it to run properly. Take care,Steve B.

I know what you mean Steve. Software has the ability to make you feel helpless and desperate when it doesn't do what you expect. I yearn for the old days when software came with a nice fat printed manual with a good index. I find that so much easier to use than wading through help articles online.

Ron

II yearn for the old days when software came with a nice fat printed manual with a good index. I find that so much easier to use than wading through help articles online.

Me too. Ever since the demise of the printed manual my efforts to master new software—or to improve my skills with old—have taken a nosedive. I hate wading through on-line help files & can seldom bring myself to use them.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back