• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where are the Sandwich Terns? (1 Viewer)

TWM

Sandwich Tern is usually the first migrant I see up here (N E Scotland) but zilch this year and there don't seem to be many records from further south. Normal dates up here are 20/03 to 25/03 for the first birds.

Yes they are here in South Cumbria.But are not over on their nesting sites,just out in the sea,and in the bay.The Terns tend to start to nest once the BH Gulls are settled,also the LBBGulls.These birds have started to nest on the ski bank where the Terns nest,so hopefully within the next couple of weeks may see some more Terns.But yes,several Sandwich Terns have already arrived.

I saw my first Sandwich Tern of the year today (31/03) at Rattray. Apparently 3 were seen on Saturday. Tim

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back