• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Microsoft Works (1 Viewer)

Andrew

wibble wibble
Does anyone use Microsoft Works? If so, do you know how to convert date entries from yy/mm/dd to the British form of dd/mm/yy?

Brilliant, I have tried to do it by looking in the help section and it's no help! Hope you find out. I have been told the American date method is playing havoc with the county recording database. All the locals are being encouraged to switch.

Andrew,

Go into Control Panel (from your start button)

Then Regional Settings...

Click the "Date" tab...

And you should be able to suss it out from there.

Cheers

The date is set to British dd/mm/yy configurations and the whole computer runs this way except for Works. I looked hard in Works and it seems the yy/mm/dd is the only setting available. I think I have an option to load Excel proper onto my computer soon and may have to convert a huge spreadsheet soon! :-C

Hmmm... not what I thought then!

You've tried all your Tools and Preferences options, yes?

Is their a Custom Format option?

Or do you recall anything in the setup?

(You might have noticed I'm clutching at straws now!)

Hi Andrew,

Strange! My works, as far as I can tell, doesn't have any date settings at all (or if it does, they're switched off).

Unusual that it should be yy/mm/dd, that is the standard continental European & scientific format. If it had come up with anything, I'd have expected that dreadfully illogical US style of mm/dd/yy

Michael

The only other options is to use a code which is not what the county recorder wants. I think I will switch to Excel as that is the file type many ask for and saving it in this format in Works makes thing slower and awkward.

Did you try the online help?

Change the date or time format
Click the cell (the intersection of a row and column that can contain text or numbers), or select (move the plus sign to the beginning of a cell, click and hold down the mouse button while moving the plus sign over the cell or cells you want, and then release the mouse button) the group of cells, that contains the date or time you want to change.

On the Format menu, click Number.

Under Format, click Date or Time.

Under Options, click the format you want for the date or time.

Click OK.
Note If you decide you don't like the new format, immediately click Undo Format on the Edit menu.

Andrew

Cant help with your specific question, as I dont use works, but if you want to lay your hands on a more fully specified office suite without throwng money at Bill Gates, check out OpenOffice at the following site

http://www.openoffice.org

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back