• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bearded tits in Hyde Park, London (1 Viewer)

George London

Saw them yesterday... Quite extraordinary, the reed bed is probably 25 yards wide and only 2 or 3 deep. Think they are both too hungry to care about all the people. At one point a collie was sniffing around maybe five yards away and they were completely oblivious as they fed on the ground.

First, just to say that while I believe this has been quite well publicised, if you haven't heard about them well you have now!

Second, at least one of them was ringed (I wasn't looking too carefully as I had my photography goggles on). Looking back I should have at least taken one shot trying to get the ring but I can't seem to find any that reveal the numbers/letters. Does anyone know where these birds have come from/where they were ringed?

Cheers George

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back