• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Printing dilemma (1 Viewer)

Baron Birder

I have just tried printing using my new HP6510 and new laptop Lenovo L530 and am perplexed.Below is what I printed.

Printed wirelessly via my computer onto the HP printer using PS Elements 11 the background came out with a clear magenta shade!

I then tried it with the memory card directly into printer and that improved the background so the magenta was so obvious but still not the grey showing on my laptop screen.

I then emailed it to my printer using the HP eprint facility and the background came out grey just as it should!

Whats going on?

Please help as have been pulling my hair out all afternoon on this !

BB

Attachments

• gannets in close formation.2pg.jpg
    gannets in close formation.2pg.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
I have a different version of Photoshop (one of the full versions) but this might still apply:

When I use photoshop to print to my HP6540 (an older version than yours) I use file/print, hit properties on the print dialogue, hit the color tab in the next one, and where it says color management i go away from the default and instead choose "manage by application".

I should say that my PC is a WinXP, so something might look different than yours, but still, the basic choice should be the same.

Niels

I have a different version of Photoshop (one of the full versions) but this might still apply:

When I use photoshop to print to my HP6540 (an older version than yours) I use file/print, hit properties on the print dialogue, hit the color tab in the next one, and where it says color management i go away from the default and instead choose "manage by application".

I should say that my PC is a WinXP, so something might look different than yours, but still, the basic choice should be the same.

Niels

Niels

I have tried the three options for Image Colour Management under advance options viz
By Host System
By Printer
Disabled
These seemed to make no difference when printing using the first method.

Very puzzling that the three techniques produced different results AND that emailing the printer, method three, produced near perfect picture.

I dont want to have to resort to that each time

BB

Anyone else any thoughts?

I am beginning to think its something happening in the laptoP software since by bypassing it the print direct from the memory card works fine.

But what is it any help would be much appreciated.
BB

BB,

I think I would try connecting your latop to an alternative printer if at all possible to prove consistency of output which might indicate either something wrong with file from PS output, or the printer although the latter sounds unlikely if the image prints by bypassing the printer. Does the same happen with other images you have printed?

BB,

I think I would try connecting your latop to an alternative printer if at all possible to prove consistency of output which might indicate either something wrong with file from PS output, or the printer although the latter sounds unlikely if the image prints by bypassing the printer. Does the same happen with other images you have printed?

Hi Robin

I took the photo file on a disc to a friend's house, loaded it onto his computer and printed it out on his printer. Result was fine.

Today I printed out a photo of a sculpture of mine with a black background, I had printed this out months ago on old PC and printer fine. This time the black background was tinged with green both printing via computer and eprint. Again the eprint colour was truer but not the black it should be.

Am considering loading the driver of my friend's printer onto my laptop so as to perform the test you suggest. Particularly as he has the same printer as my old one!

Thanks
BB

Well I took the HP6510 back to the retailer because of the problems mentioned above and without any fuss they swapped it for a new 6520.

However the 6520 wouldnt connect to the network despite all the router settings being correct! So thats gone back as well and I got a refund.

Having spent hours on these two printers without sucess am going to revert to my old Canon Pixma 4200. It may not be wireless or have eprint BUT it prints good photos everytime.

Just goes to show that new isnt necessarily better!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back