• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

problems with Canon Pro 9500 (1 Viewer)

Steve Babbs

Hi

I've just been given a Canon Pro 9500 printer, which has been sitting around unused for about 18 months. It certainly used to produce stunning results: one of the last times it was used was to print out a couple of photos, as a favour to me, and they're now on my wall.

But for me it's producing totally washed out shots for me. We're not talking below par, we're talking hard to identify the bird! It was used with a Mac and I'm using Windows 7, so I'm wondering that may be something to do with it? I've been to the Canon website and I think I've downloaded the correct driver.

Any thoughts most welcome.

Cheers

This is not a printer that I use, however it is reasonably well documented and the following questions tie in with my knowledge of it.

Did the auto head alignment produce acceptable output? I don't know if you have much documentation, but it should look like this.

http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Canon%20Pro%209500/page_4.html

Are you using the correct paper specified by Canon as I believe this can have quite an impact on the result. I know that my pigment ink printer is quite fussy over the paper I use compared to my dye ink printer.

Did you install the Canon 'My Printer' software as well as the driver as this has diagnostic capability.?

Often printer problems are resolved by a process of elimination.

Last edited:
This is not a printer that I use, however it is reasonably well documented and the following questions tie in with my knowledge of it.

Did the auto head alignment produce acceptable output? I don't know if you have much documentation, but it should look like this.

http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Canon%20Pro%209500/page_4.html

Are you using the correct paper specified by Canon as I believe this can have quite an impact on the result. I know that my pigment ink printer is quite fussy over the paper I use compared to my dye ink printer.

Did you install the Canon 'My Printer' software as well as the driver as this has diagnostic capability.?

Often printer problems are resolved by a process of elimination.

Thanks for the response and sorry for my slow acknowledgement. The auto head alignment showed the heads properly aligned - with no lines - but again it was really faded. This is not the difference caused by different papers. It is completely washed out.

Regards

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back