• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

started back painting (1 Viewer)

mark richards

United Kingdom
started back painting , after about 14 years, I give it up because i started carving , I did paint birds that i carved , but nothing on board or canvas, I'm using acrylic paints on mount board, I'm enjoying it much more now than before, probably because i've got more time ,hope you like ,will post more when finished...

Attachments

• _DSC2809.JPG
    _DSC2809.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 342
Excellent work Mark. I'm particularly taken by your approach to the out of focus areas in the background. That broad-brushed highlighting and sketchy waterscape is extremely convincing and the contrast between it and the high-focus mandarin is beautifully done.
Looking forward to more - soon.

WOW! Your colours are dazzlingly bright, and the texture is intriguing. Very glad you started painting again, looking forward to seeing some more. And please show us some of your carvings too!

Lovely stuff Mark, water is so hard to paint well and you've pulled it off brilliantly. Like the others I'll look forward to more, and carvings too.

Mike

Welcome to the art forum Mark. Love the Mandarin it is really striking, and the way you've handled the water is excellent.

Look forward to seeing more!

Your work is amazing....I especially love the carvings. I love to collect wood carvings and recently purchased a humming bird and a lizard, but not a patch on your work though.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back