• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

started back painting (1 Viewer)

Thanks Mark, being female and very nosey...........
I have already found one :-O

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=149946

I am currently being awed as we speak. Both myself and Andy, my OH have been out taking photo's of kingfishers in the last few weeks, he looked over my shoulder and said who managed to get the ba$tard that close!
Very impressive and I do hope your thumb is now recovered ;)

beautiful Mark, love the finches, the quail are marked very different than the ones around here. good to see your work again

Back with a bang Mark! Love those goldfinches, just as you see 'em. Colleen, these are red legged partridges, a bird just especially created for artists, as you can tell from Mark's super rendering here.

Two fine pieces Mark, don't leave it too long 'til the next.

Mike

Colleen, these are red legged partridges, a bird just especially created for artists, as you can tell from Mark's super rendering here.

Mike

Yes, they do look like they were created just for artists! Very striking. And I"m also impressed by so readily changing stubble to snow. I hate to see what would happen if I tried something like that.

goldfinches charming and full of spikey action - the partridges are a great success, that snow looks cold!

god this took some finding...should have stuck to this thread only, done this kingfisher painting ..while waiting to finish a water rail carving, sort of keeps my eye in ,for painting the carving..mark.

Attachments

• P1020356.JPG
    P1020356.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 86
Excellent painting, Mark! Great setting for the bird, which just sparkles wonderfully. I like our Belted Kingfisher, but your species here is just a gem.

You've captured that gem-like quality and also managed to avoid the cliched kingfisher image - this is a real bird in a real place.

very nice Kingfisher piece Mark! they always lok great amongst bull rushes.
watch that highlight in the eye its a little too big for me . very nicely done ;)

Mark,

I thought I had HD laptop there for a second! I love this "hyper-real" beautiful stuff that you do.
It is so three-D! How on Earth do you do this?
You've just got a fanboy!

I love your "gear!"

More, please!

;)

thanks Phil, that's what's good with acrylics...you just keep building up the layers of paint...
the more the layers ,the more depth you get...mark.
Andrew, shall keep a eye on that :-O....

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back