• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

modified leica adapter for leica apo 82 (1 Viewer)

hi guys,
i have modified the leica d-lux-5 original adapter ( shortened and new male 62 mm thread). with 2 filter-adapterrings 52-62 and 37-52 it fits on my universal jackar-adapter and works with many compact cameras by using their tripod hole. (s.attached fotos). with the powershot s95 and the samsung wb2000 it is even possible, to put the camera body directly in contact to the jackar adapter, so that optical alignment is achieved immediately.

i hope other leica scope users, not wishing to use leica D-Lux-5-camera or Panasonic lx5 exclusively might be inspired...

best wishes,
andreas

Attachments

• IMG_0415a.jpg
    IMG_0415a.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0421a.jpg
    IMG_0421a.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 202
The lens of the Coolpix P300 does not fit in the hole of the Jackar-universal-adapter-Version 2(lensdiameter too large). The lens of the Canon Powershot S95 fits exactly through the hole with nearly no extra space.The Jackar-Adapter must be exactly adjusted for the S95, what is a bit fiddly. But once achieved, it works great. Lenses of Ixus models (Ixus 100, Ixus 115) and Samsung WB2000 fit within the Jackar-Adapter with lot of space and work great.

Andreas

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back