• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski Service (1 Viewer)

Jonathan B.

After 6.5 years of heavy use, my 8x32 EL developed some faint internal haze. SONA asked me to send it in, and they performed "warranty service" on it. I got it back yesterday, and I am sure that the optical performance is better than when I bought it. It never seemed to "snap" into focus, but it does now.

Unlike the example shown in the video with Ben Lizdas, SONA did not replace the tubes. The black finish on them is worn off or is thin and shiny, so I assume that they are not replaced merely for cosmetic reasons. On the other hand, in addition to an internal cleaning and re-collimation, they rebuilt the focus mechanism. They also replaced the focus knob, rubber armor, eyecups, hinge cover, Swaro logo, and hawk emblem. The surfaces of all lenses are nearly perfect, so they were not replaced. The binocular is functionally new, and the work was performed free of charge.

Hats off to Swarovski for living up to their reputation for great service.

After 6.5 years of heavy use, my 8x32 EL developed some faint internal haze. SONA asked me to send it in, and they performed "warranty service" on it. I got it back yesterday, and I am sure that the optical performance is better than when I bought it. It never seemed to "snap" into focus, but it does now.

Unlike the example shown in the video with Ben Lizdas, SONA did not replace the tubes. The black finish on them is worn off or is thin and shiny, so I assume that they are not replaced merely for cosmetic reasons. On the other hand, in addition to an internal cleaning and re-collimation, they rebuilt the focus mechanism. They also replaced the focus knob, rubber armor, eyecups, hinge cover, Swaro logo, and hawk emblem. The surfaces of all lenses are nearly perfect, so they were not replaced. The binocular is functionally new, and the work was performed free of charge.

Hats off to Swarovski for living up to their reputation for great service.
Nice to hear. I am liking Swarovski more and more. That took a lot of time by a skilled craftsman and they didn't charge you a cent. Wow!

I sent my 14 years SLC 15x56 back because of fogging inside. They cleaned every parts inside out, recollimated them, replaced the eyecups, focus knob rubber and the armour, regreased every parts including the tripod adapter. The bins are now like new, both optically and cosmetically. They even give me a ball pen with Swaro logo as souvenir. Everything at zero cost (including the shipping costs to and from Austria). No question asked.

I can tell you, Swarovski's customer service is the best among, not just optical companies, but all companies, I have encountered. Absolutely incredible.

Attachments

• 20140219_172117.jpg
    20140219_172117.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Swarovski has a great customer service and a repair department. I saw it first hand several years ago when I was up there in RI for a meeting.

Mike

I sent my 14 years SLC 15x56 back because of fogging inside. They cleaned every parts inside out, recollimated them, replaced the eyecups, focus knob rubber and the armour, regreased every parts including the tripod adapter. The bins are now like new, both optically and cosmetically. They even give me a ball pen with Swaro logo as souvenir. Everything at zero cost (including the shipping costs to and from Austria). No question asked.

I can tell you, Swarovski's customer service is the best among, not just optical companies, but all companies, I have encountered. Absolutely incredible.

Hehehe I got the same pen too o:D

I don't think the pen is that luxury. It is a plastic but beautiful ball pen. It is only for those "lucky" guys who have their Swaro bins need servicing. Hey, don't tamper your bins yourself for the pen.

Last edited:

I would give my first born for one of those pens!

I recently sent my 11 year old ATS 65 HD scope to Swarovski because the tripod mounting plate had snapped off. It was returned to me within 3 weeks with a new plate. The loose lens hood has been repaired. The previously loose and slightly "gritty" focus wheel is now tighter and turns smoothly. A new objective lens cap has been supplied. The scope has been internally cleaned. No charge; excellent service, but no free pen!

I want one of those pens!! But there's nothing wrong with either of our Swaro binoculars I'm afraid. Well, I mean I'm glad ..... but I still want a pen!

Sandra

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back