• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Diascope 65 plus Zeiss photoadaptor (1 Viewer)

ygelfand

Hello to all, ;)
This is my first letter to the forum. I am from Israel and I do a lot of bird watching in Ahula, which is a very interesting bird migration area in Israel.
I am looking for a mid-size telescope which is light and easy to carry on birding trips. I am considering the Zeiss Diascope 65 for this purpose. I would also like to use this scope for digiscoping.
My questions are:
1. If you have had experience with digiscoping with this telescope, please tell me what you think of it.
2. If you have had experience with the Zeiss photoadaptor for a digital camera (which apparently is a universal one for all digital cameras, and does not require any adaptor rings for the eye-piece) please tell me what your opinion of it is.
Best regards,
Y. Gelfand

Hi, and welcome to BF.

I've got the same scope, and although I haven't done much digiscoping for a while, I found it to be a very good tool for the purpose - very bright for a small scope, with superb colour rendition, contrast and sharpness.

I've attached an old example (the first digiscoped picture I ever took, back in November last year) - the Canon Powershot A95 being the camera.

Compositionally it's rubbish, but it does give an idea of what the scope can do along with a good camera - sharp, bright, detailed, excellent colour...

As to the Zeiss Quick Adaptor, there's a very positive review on this site:
http://www.birdforum.net/reviews/showproduct.php?product=78&sort=7&cat=18&page=1

Attachments

• teal2.jpg
    teal2.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
im considering getting this adaptor myself for my 85FL, although it seems expensive, it seems like a good piece of kit also :cool:

Using the Zeiss quick adapter for a little over a month

AS the title states had it for over a month and have took over a 1000 shots with it and I could`nt imagine not having it.It definatly is a good investment since it will probably last long after were gone. I love the speed and convienence at which you can go from scopping to shooting in a couple of seconds.Expessive maybe but once you see it you`ll understand the cost. :bounce:

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back