• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stolen Artwork! (1 Viewer)

Woody

Sorry to report that some toe-rag has stolen two of my paintings from the Birds! Birds! Birds! gallery in Faversham.

They are small pieces (6"x4") so the worm was able to remove them from the wall during a preview evening and make off at speed.

If anybody sees these two paintings could they please contact me immediately and I'll get the info passed on to the authorities ASAP.

GRRRRR!!!!

Thanks
Woody

Attachments

• psseard.jpg
    psseard.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 179
  • pskes.jpg
    pskes.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 187
Hi Woody. I hope you get your paintings back soon and the authorities catch whoever is resposible for taking them. Unfortunately if they are caught they will only get their wrist slapped!

Thanks guys. The thing that makes me really mad is that the slime who took them is probably looking to inject them, you can bet your life he's not an art lover!

Woody

Woody i am sorry to hear about your paintings-i hope they are caught-?will they get their wrist slaped only :C (light sentance)-.What type of people are in this world of ours |=(| |=(| .Sorry again.Regards Woody.

That's some bummer, Woody - heartfelt condolences. (Perhaps a bit late to ask, but does the gallery have insurance - or does it leave that up to the artist, as many do?). I guess you'll have to keep a pretty keen watch on Ebay and similar places - and I urge all others reading this to do so, please.

Luckily the gallery has insurance. It just makes me mad that some crummy scumbag has nicked 'em!

Thanks all.

Woody

Really sorry to hear about this. Have the local press been contacted about this it might be worth publicising it...or would the gallery prefer it to be kept quiet

Will be keeping an eye out for them in this part of the UK.

Last edited:
Marmot said:
Really sorry to hear about this. Have the local press been contacted about this it might be worth publicising it...or would the gallery prefer it to be kept quietWill be keeping an eye out for them in this part of the UK.
Don't know about the local press, I'm leaving any decisions like that to the gallery owner.

Being realistic, I don't expect to ever see them again or even hear about them but thanks for all the sympathies and promises to 'keep 'em peeled..' (Anyone remember that?)

Woody

Hmm not very good is it? Very bad news. Shame pictures can't be somehow temporarily 'locked' to the gallery wall! Speaking of the gallery, aren't your paintings covered for theft by their insurance?

Wildwood said:
Hmm not very good is it? Very bad news. Shame pictures can't be somehow temporarily 'locked' to the gallery wall! Speaking of the gallery, aren't your paintings covered for theft by their insurance?
Yes, the gallery is covered, it's the idea that some miserable sleezebag has the paintings that riles me!

Some galleries use mirror plates screwed to the walls but for smaller galleries whose shows change regularly this would be a bit impractical.
When I was at the SWALA show in the Mall gallery last year there was a scuffle as some pond scum tried to walk out with a small sculpture. Luckily the vermin decided to cut his losses, drop the sculpture and leg it. So it happens even at top galleries.

Woody

It's terrible that this has happened, Woody. I hope that eventually they will be recovered. I wonder where someone would sell something like this without getting too much publicity...you might be right, they simply may go the way of the crack pipe or something. I hope not.

Best and good luck,
Elizabeth

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back