• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

450d (1 Viewer)

grumps

Hi,

Am seriously considering the Canon 450D with 75-300mm lens. Finally moving on from my SLR film. Have a compact for digi scoping and ebjoy it.
I know from reading through the posts on here that some of you are using, or have used the 450 and would welcome your opinion please.

Many thanks,

Hugh
PS I can't affford the 7 whatever it is with all those noughts;)

Hi grumps
i have had the 450d for a couple of years now and really love the camera especially as i recently managed to save and get the 100-400 L is. It is a well respected and well reviewed camera. I do hope to move on to the 7D in the future but it will be a year or two before i can afford that but am more than happy with the 450 in the mean time

Do you self a favor and go for a better lens than the 75-300. Even if big glass is out of the question, the 70-300IS should be a much better choice. The 450D seems to be a cracking camera (I've only ever used it with a microscope).

Thomas

I use a 450d all the time and it more than suits my needs of both wildlife and landscapes.If going for the 75-300mm and the IS version is out of your price range then get the one with the Ultra Sonic Motor (USM).I loved mine and wish I hadnt sold it.

Im getting a 450d and 75-300mm lens tomorrow. i have read very good reviews of it, and have been told that it is a very good camera if its your first dslr (which it is for me)

Im getting a 450d and 75-300mm lens tomorrow. i have read very good reviews of it, and have been told that it is a very good camera if its your first dslr (which it is for me)

so today is the tomorrow i mentioned and i went to the shop to get it... and they had sold out :C ! i was well annoyed! they had it last week.

now i have to wait another few days while they order another one in from another shop

Well, if the weather in Ballymoney has been anywhere what we have had in London today at least you haven't missed out on good photo weather.

Thomas

I use the 450D with a 400mm f5.6, and I think that it is an excellent camera. Noise at high ISO and RAW buffer can be a problem, but other than that it is an excellent camera. In a simalr price range to the 75-300, I would suggest the 55-250, which is short but also has good IQ. It was my first lens, and I took some very decent shots with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back