• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica Drops Prices According to Eagle Optics - CamerLand's Leica Sale Not Real? (1 Viewer)

dwever

Leica Drops Prices According Eagle Optics

First the "CamerLand Sale Not Real" part of the title is not supposed to be there. Can someone advised how to change the title?

Have others heard of this price drop? Spoke to Thomas E. Kuenzli at Eagle Optics today pursuant to ordering a pair of Leica Ultravid 7x42 HD Plus.

When I asked Mr. Kuenzil how long the $2,099 new price was good for, he responded that actually Leica had lowered their prices, he gave the previous effective date, but I can't recall what he said, he also said the Leica price reduction was Leica's "first in recorded history", and that he believed the EO price reduction would be permanent.

B&H Manhattan also reflects a price drop on their full line of UV HD Plus binoculars.

Last edited:
He also said the Leica price reduction was Leica's "first in recorded history", and that he believed the EO price reduction would be permanent.

B&H also reflects a price drop on the 7x42 UV HD Plus

They've had cameras on sale for a while now, it has to do with the rise in the dollar relative to the euro.

Nice. I was about to drop a bundle on a Swaro EL SV closeout... now I will have to reconsider.

I suspect slow sales, the introductory period passing, and positioning relative to the competition could be the culprits; but a stronger dollar sounds good too...

CG

Even with the discount, is it worth $300 more than the Swaro 8x42 SLC, which also uses HD glass, has better eye relief and wider AFOV? Close focus and weight are very similar. Just curious about what the thinking is.

Of course, this is the Leica forum, and I'm not advocating Swaro.

Ed

Last edited:
Nice. I was about to drop a bundle on a Swaro EL SV closeout... now I will have to reconsider.

I suspect slow sales, the introductory period passing, and positioning relative to the competition could be the culprits; but a stronger dollar sounds good too...

CG

Also, might have something to do with the older version UVHD now being mostly gone...

CG

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back