• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My birding day...... (1 Viewer)

P

pusser_uk

Today, apart from a visit to the dentist, I have had a good day. Firstly, when taking breakfast out to the dog, I saw a Red Tailed Hawk being mobbed by three crows. Whilst that was going on, there was a flock of small birds flying overhead, could have been Brown Headed Cow Birds, on their way back from roosting to the feeding grounds. Later, after I got back from the dentist, there was an Eastern Bluebird perched on the guard rail around my deck. He was beautiul!! All this, without having to go looking! It's great living in North Carolina for the birds.

I love the bluebirds! We have a small group of 5-6 that have been hanging out together in our yard all winter. I put mealworms out at about 3:30 in the afternoon, and they usually grab a bite to eat before night falls...

I love the bluebirds! We have a small group of 5-6 that have been hanging out together in our yard all winter. I put mealworms out at about 3:30 in the afternoon, and they usually grab a bite to eat before night falls...

May I ask where you get your mealworms from? Being relatively new to the area here, I am finding wild bird food in Walmart. Not sure where else to look yet.

Meanwhile in wintery UK in our back garden where we feed the birds we have been discovered by finches from the frozen north.
Today we had in excess of 20 Siskin. They are absolutely adorable. Plus we had 3 Brambling and a Goldcrest as well. Just lovely.

Lee

Meanwhile in wintery UK in our back garden where we feed the birds we have been discovered by finches from the frozen north.
Today we had in excess of 20 Siskin. They are absolutely adorable. Plus we had 3 Brambling and a Goldcrest as well. Just lovely.

Lee

I'm jealous ! :)

My late father used to get Siskin at his feeder. He and my late mother lived close to the river Trent, near Scunthorpe and they had Siskin visiting. I have attached a photo that I took one day from their kitchen window in 2008.

Attachments

• DSCF7414_resize.JPG
    DSCF7414_resize.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 40
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back