• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Elvaston Castle (1 Viewer)

leighsutcliffe

Hi all,
Manic Mondays never!
Took a cheaky half day at work and my daughter had after school Art club today so i thought i would to nip to Elvaston Castle one of my most favourite places to go its a nice and easy walk around the woodland and the rocks.

Pulling in to the car park was a grey squiral eating the bird feed that people had left for the birds (cheeky thing ;)) it only took a few moments to see the first birds 4 big Carrion Crows hopping around by the bins and 2 Wood Pigeons sat in the trees just above them,
walking through the public gate on to the foot path / walk way there was 2 Robins squbbling over some seeds
while they squbbled a Nutthather and Great tits ate the seeds lol

on the far end of the path i heard the greatest sound of all.
The hammering of a Woodpecker (I DIDNT SEE ONE :C )

a small group of Blue tits was buzzing around by the 3 trees that hang over the lake wich was nice to see.

Magpie were hopping and jumping on to the rocks.
on the lake were Mute swans Malards and Kittiiwakes on the far side of the lake was 2 tuffed ducks.
(castle side )

dunnocks were jumpping on and off the old tree stumps after the last of the seeds wich people had left,

I'm sure i saw a Gold finch that was on the ever green tree by the grave yard but it flew off before i could get my lens up to my eyes

all in all a nice walk around

Im not sure on the rules about posting links just thought some one might want to vist

off to Attenborough Nature Res tomorrow

http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/leisur...side_sites/country_parks/elvaston/default.asp

take care

Leigh
:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back