• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Couple more porro questions..... (1 Viewer)

dustyview

Any user opinions on the Bushnell Natureview Plus 8x30 reverse porro or the Vixen Foresta 8x32? I'd appreciate any real-world use feedback you have. Thanks! (Plus any weight info on the Vixen-- EO lists a different weight than other sellers)

One of the Vixens, the Foresta maybe?, caught my eye as well because of the overall specs and similarity in build to some of my current porros. I would be interested in hearing more about it as well.

I have heard next to nothing about the Natureviews.

Me neither, but the Cornel labs rated the Natureview as the top 10x42 in the "economy" category in their last big review (2005 I think, so others might top them now).

As for the Foresta, I'm starting to wonder if there are two models out there. EO lists the weight at just over 16 oz, but Vixen lists them at 1.6 lbs, which would be a dealbreaker for me, at that magnification.

One of the Vixens, the Foresta maybe?, caught my eye as well because of the overall specs and similarity in build to some of my current porros. I would be interested in hearing more about it as well.

I have heard next to nothing about the Natureviews.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back